Taken 23/09/17 at the AVR 1040s Gala; A time line of No. 4015:
1947 – Construction starts at Fablok, Poland, of the Ferrum/TLH49/T3A class of 0-6-0T locos.
1954 – N0. 4015 built.
1957 - The loco is eventually out-shopped and delivered to a steelworks at Ostrowiec in the south-east of Poland.
1991 - Withdrawn from Ostrowiec and after being out of service for six months. bought by preservationists and exported to the UK.
1998 – Steams again after a £60,000 overhaul and is used at various preserved railways before becoming a fixture at the Avon Valley railway. The name ‘Karel’ serves a dual purpose, as it is nod to both Karel Wojtila, the Polish born Pope John Paul II, and to the owner’s wife, Carole.
Uploaded to Flickr by Clive G' on 29 December 2017
Photo © Clive G', 29 December 2017. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence