The Battlefield Line is the last remaining part of the former Ashby & Nuneaton Joint Railway which was opened in 1873. It runs from Shackerstone via Market Bosworth to Shenton in Leicestershire and is operated by the Shackerstone Railway Society.
Shackerstone Station is at the northern end of the line, and is the headquarters of the railway with museum, Victorian tea room, souvenir shop, loco shed and main rolling stock located here. There is ample free parking, and the Ashby Canal is just a stones throw away.
Shenton is near Bosworth Field, (the location of the final battle of the Wars of the Roses immortalised in Shakespeare's Richard III), giving the railway its name.
Gauge: 4ft 8½in
Length: 5 miles
Type: Standard Gauge Railway
Location: Shackerstone Station, Station Road, Shackerstone
Postcode: CV13 6NW